Pages

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Midterms Stuff


I wrote something for the AU College Democrats blog about the midterm elections. With Democrats looking likely to have a tough night, I pointed out that it's worth focusing on the impact those elected tonight will have not just in the next Congress, but during the next presidential term, when policy change is more likely. For that reason, I think the elections in Colorado and Iowa are especially important.

As far as predictions, machines much smarter than me have you covered, but here are the fruits of playing out around with interactive tools for 20 minutes.


Senate:


Gubernatorial:

(CT: Malloy, ME: Michaud, CO: Hickenlooper, FL: Crist, AK: Parnell, IL: Quinn, MI: Schauer, WI: Walker, KS: Brownback, MA: Coakley)

Too many races to predict individually for the House of Representatives, but I'll say 240-195 for the GOP, a gain of six seats for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment